Email Delivery Issues
Our managed email security provider Proofpoint’s data centre provider has had a serious issue and is currently working through resolution. Please keep an eye on the status page linked here for updates.
Cleartext Technical support procedures for the following common requests.
- Non urgent support, we have a 72 hour response service level. Please email using the contact form.
- Urgent issues, that is an outage during a clients working hours.
Please note that IF there is an outage it’s probably being worked on already.
- First line support is managed by your IT Services provider, please contact them first.
- Cleartext direct clients (that includes resellers) or where you can’t contact your IT company please email support using the correct support address for the vendor solution you need support with. This is important as the request will be copied to that vendor.
- If you don’t get a prompt response from your IT company, the solution vendor or us please call our main line ask to get a call back. You must state that you have an outage and require urgent support.
Here are the most common things that can cause outages;
- Your internet connection is down – Contact your IT person or ISP
- There is a problem with your network – Contact your IT person
- Your email/IM/web server is down – Contact your IT person (maybe restart the server?)
- You have been blacklisted and email is not going out – Contact your IT person
- Your IT systems are OK – Contact our accounts department if you are behind with payments
As you can see most issues with services we provide are outside of our control, please ensure you have checked all non Cleartext systems prior to contacting us.
Maildistiller Portal Help Videos
Customer tutorial for the Cleartext Maildistiller management portal. Click here.
Setting up a new customer in the Cleartext Maildistiller management portal. Click here.
Managed Email Security
Our managed email security provider is Proofpoint please keep an eye on the status page linked here for support updates.
MX records – Set at least records 10 and 20 below, remove all prior records;
Firewall Settings – Allow inbound SMTP on range;
Forward Smart host
LDAP Synchronisation – Allow inbound on range;
v=spf1 a:dispatch.maildistiller.com ~all